This post may contain affiliate links. Read more here.
With a little more than a month until Christmas, it’s time to start thinking about tying those Christmas traditions into books and movies. My family has been collecting both since my oldest daughter was a baby. We watch and read all of these books and more every year. Some of them we end up getting from the library, but they are still an integral part of our tradition.
1. Emily’s Perfect Christmas Tree by Catherine Christensen
2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Thea Feldman
3. Merry Christmas, Little Critter by Mercer Mayer
4. Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma Wilson
5. A Christmas Wish For Corduroy by B. G. Hennessy
6. God Gave Us Christmas by Lisa Tawn Bergen
7. Splat The Cat Christmas Countdown by Rob Scotton
8. The Story of Christmas by Martina Smith
9. The Christmas Miracle by Jonathan Toomey
10. How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas by Jane Yolen
11. Home For Christmas by Jan Brett
12. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
13. The Christmas Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood
14. Madeline’s Christmas by Ludwig Bemelmans
15. Olivia Helps With Christmas by Ian Falconer
16. How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr Suess
17. The Snowman by Raymond Briggs
18. Dream Snow by Eric Carle
19. The Christmas Wish by Lori Evert
20. The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
21. The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore
22. Elf on the Shelf
10. Jack Frost
12. Deck The Halls
15. The Snowman
That’s it. These are all wonderful movies and books that can be spread over multiple age groups. You can get most of those books in board books as well if that’s something you’re trying to go for with those tiny hands and mouths. Don’t wait until your kids are older to get Christmas traditions in place. They grow up way too quickly!
Do You Want An All Access Pass?
Only subscribers get instant access to my FREE printables! Join today.